Stitch May-nia results as of May 22

There is still one week of my May-nia left for this year but This is what I’ve accomplished: AutumnQueen2016
Mirabilia’s Autumn Queen 4.5 hours close to 1000 stitches
Overdyed Dragon
OverDyed Dragon by Dragon Dreams 2.75 hours
DrWho
Dr. Who Quilt 1.5 hours
FruitBellpull
Fruit Bellpull by Theresa Wentzler 1.5 hours
SomethingWicked
Something Wicked by La-D-Da
FortunateTraveller
Fortunate Traveller by Theresa Wenztler 1.25 hours stitching 1 hour sorting pattern
Tidepools
Reflections of TidePools by Ro Pace – 2 hours
Fall Carousel
Fall Carousel Horse by Theresa Wentzler 1 hour
Not pictured
Anniversary Roses by Lauren Sauer
Bucilla Purse Kit from 1943
Final picture –
Mardi Gras Quilt I’m working on…20160522_194808

For more information on my new stitching process – check out my new blog – Agile Crafter

 

Blue Moon WIPocalypse post

It’s been a busy month with Olympic stitching and some framing and finishing – so we start with the Olympics this gave me much stitching time as we fast forwarded through the TIVO recording of the NBC coverage.  I don’t pay for television so there wasn’t much we got to watch.  Anyway, the first thing I worked on was a chatelaine for an exchange –

Chatelaine based on a picture I saw of an antique chatelaine on the internet.

Here is the back of the Chatelaine for the exchange

Part of the Chatelaine is the Assisi Scissor Case we got in our July EGA meeting.   This is designed by Alice Rathofer.

She used her favorite calligraphy alphabet to create the alphabet for stitching the names on the piece.  There are instructions for two types of scissor case with this pattern.  The slip case which I used here and a scissor pocket.

You can reach Alice at our EGA chapter page – http://egasegolilychapter.org/

But wait that’s not all during the 2012 Olympics, I worked on my final ornament from the 2002 Winter Olympics.  I had originally stitched 4 ornament because that is all the charms I had but when I went to frame them I realized that if I had 5 ornaments I could frame them in circles the color of the Olympic rings and hang them so they look like the rings.

So after finishing that for my Olympic stitching I figured I should go back to my WIPocalypse list and work on my Spring TW Carousel Horse.  I put about two hours in on it when I looked on my list and realized I was supposed to be working on my Dragon Dreams Dragon Doorstop.

I think working on Winter ran over and I managed to get my months mixed up – however since I did get some time on both, I can start my Summer TW Carousel Horse.

But that is not all that happened this month.  I got my TW Winter Carousel Horse back from Edgeline Framing along with the Fairy Tale Sampler which my older son claimed as his.

TW Winter Carousel Horse

Corner detail of the TW Carousel Horse frame – it’s designed so I can use the same frame for all 4 horses

C’s Fairy Tale Sampler

But after getting those back so I could take them to the State Fair it hit me that I didn’t have a Needlepoint piece to put in the Fair so I started looking for something I could stitch together quickly.  And I found an ornament in the Sept/October issue of JustCross Stitch by Plum Pudding Needlearts.  However when I pulled a piece of canvas and the fibers I didn’t really like the design so much so I started putting together a piece of my own based on the ornament I had seen in the magazine.  This is what it ended up looking like – 

I learned that I cannot call this an original design, and it’s not an adaptation since it was inspired by a stitched piece and not a different style of art.  That makes it a derivative work.  So this is my derivative of Plum Pudding Needleart’s Witch’s Pantry.

I didn’t get a picture of the frame I put it in before dropping it off at the fair.  But I did take pictures of the other pieces I framed this week.

I’m not too happy with the framing of Black Swan’s Fire and Ice since it doesn’t look like I got it quite even. And I also got two ornaments finished as well.

I made these because they reminded me of the ornaments I’ve seen on my aunt’s Finnish style tree.
But that’s not all I did this month…
My son is moving to the Philippines in October and he wanted to have a quilt to take with him so here is the start of the Safari quilt that he kitted up when he was in junior high.

This is what the blocks look like and here are the pieces I’m still working on –

It’s been a busy month. My completed projects list for this year is now at 24 items and my Rotation list is down to 64 items. If I finish up the ornaments I started earlier this week, then I could be under 60 items on the full list by the end of the long weekend. And we’re back on track with my original WIPocalypse list so I’ll be putting TW’s Summer Carousel Horse up on the stand.

June WIPocalypse

I’m late taking the pictures for my June update post by almost a week.  Anyway I worked on two projects this month one is close to the beginning and one is close to the end.

I got warp threads onto the loom, but they aren’t in the correct harnesses.

The beginning of the warping for a pattern from my Finnish weaving book.

Interesting,  I entered this into the media library with a caption and that’s what I get when I post it.  I found a great way to keep the warp threads in order by using the light in room.  I need to remember what my teacher taught us about how to fix when you mis-harness the warp.

Progress in May for the June WIPocalypse

I’m down to just a hair over 5000 stitches left to finish TW’s Winter Carousel Horse.  I should be able to finish it this month if I can get some good stitching time.  My schedule says I should be working on one of the other Carousel horses and if finish this one this month, then I will start working on it.