And this is the plan for the start of the year, I’ll be taking pictures tomorrow… (following the final Carousel Horse update).
So I will be keeping a focus piece which will be whatever is closest to being finished in my WIP list that means the beginning focus piece is Winter Carousel Horse.
- 2/7/12 Fire Dance – Enchanted Lair, started Sept 2004, 57% completed
- 3/8/12 Fairy Tale Sampler – Dragon Dreams (2nd time through), started 11/2003, 12% complete
- 4/6/12 Autumn Queen – Mirabilia started 7/2004, not sure on the % because I only have the head complete, corresponds with Mirabilia March
- 5/5/12 Varigated warp weaving project – I will be happy if the loom gets warped for this one.
- 6/4/12 Autumn Carousel Horse – Teresa Wentzler started 2/10, 27% complete
- 7/3/12 Fire and Ice – Black Swan (and if I finish it then the Kustom Kraft one), Black Swan started 12/10, 14% complete, Kustom Krafts started 1/2003, 14% complete
- 8/1/12 Spring Carousel Horse – Teresa Wentzler, started 1/2011, 23% complete
- 8/31/12 Dragon Doorstop – Dragon Dreams, painted canvas, started 2006, 15% complete
- 9/29/12 Summer Carousel Horse – Teresa Wentzer, started 7/2011, 24% complete
- 10/29/12 Purple Ornament – Jody painted Canvas, started 11/2006, 36% complete
- 11/28/12 Christmas Quilts (star and pinwheel) started 4/2005, 31 of 56 blocks complete
- 12/28/12 Needlepoint Stocking, Purple/Teal – started 11/2008, 15% complete
So, Stasha, I hear you say, what happens if you actually finish a project during the time you are working on it? (and those who really know me are saying: “Stasha, you actually finish projects? Since when? accompanied by hysterical laughter)
Well it turns out that even during the Year of Carousel Horses I managed to finish 8 things, mostly small (okay, 4 small, 2 medium and 2 framing or finishing). This year I’m looking to actually wrap up a few large projects which have aged nicely. So if I do finish something, first there will be more time spent on the focus piece until it’s finished. Then for every 2 projects completed there is a new start waiting – fully kitted and good to go but if the WIP list is still looking scary, there are other WIP’s ready to sacrifice themselves to fill a slot in the WIPocalypse calendar. Items like the final applique block for the hand appliqued monster quilt – Mr. Big Mouth, the TW Fruit Bell Pest, Dragon Ride or the oldest WIP on my list Dimensions Embroidered Pegasus kit. So until the WIPocalypse starts tomorrow, there are still a few hours left on the Year of Carousel Horses and the 3rd section of netting on Winter is starting to call really loudly…