Posted by shondratasha on May 23, 2016
It’s been awhile since I had a stitch in. After all it’s more fun to stitch when you have people to talk with at the house. Carleen came over and we had a stitch night and while she was here she introduced me to FlossTube and told me about the Stitch Maynia Facebook group. Facebook isn’t the Yuku so things get lost easily but I’m really enjoying it so far especially the Flosstubes. (It was smart to show me Annette’s Acres first.)
One of the events on the page is Stitch May-nia – generally this is 15 starts in 15 days but I figure my justification for WIP’s only is I’m starting stitching on my own projects for this year and some of these WIPs are so old they might as well be new starts since I haven’t looked at them in years. I figure 2 days on each will still be a lot more progress than they’ve had in a lot of time.
I’ve picked 15 WIPs to work on during the month. I figure 2 days for each piece. Here’s the list:
- Autumn Queen – Mirabilia
- Overdyed Dragon – Dragon Dreams
- Dr. Who Quilt – Fandom in Stitches
- Fall Carousel Horse – Teresa Wentzler
- Fruit Bell Pull – Teresa Wentzler
- Fortunate Traveller – Teresa Wentzler – This might as well be a new start considering how long it’s been since I worked on it.
- TidePools – Ro Pace
- Anniversary Rose Sampler – Lauren Sauer
- Needlepoint Purse Kit from Mama’s Sewing room – Bucilla
- Sentinel – Fire Wing Designs
- Dragon Ride – Teresa Wentzler
- Crafter’s Paradise – Just CrossStitch Magazine
- Pegasus – Dimensions Embroidery Kit
- Spring Carousel Horse – Teresa Wentzler
- Summer Carousel Horse – Teresa Wentzler
I figure that even one thread over 2 days will be more stitching time than many of these have seen in years and it fits in with this year’s theme of finishing things. The one caveat for my joining is I need to finish the final Believe before May starts.
Posted by shondratasha on April 23, 2016