Note, all warp threads are through the comb and through the correct (I hope) heddle and all that is left is remembering how to tie it off in back and tighten it up so I can weave.
So this is what Fire and Ice looked like last week, and this is what it looks like this week –
And I really wish I could figure out how to just drag and drop photos without losing the posts but that will be an issue for another day.
Posted by shondratasha on August 8, 2013
And this is the plan for the start of the year, I’ll be taking pictures tomorrow… (following the final Carousel Horse update).
So I will be keeping a focus piece which will be whatever is closest to being finished in my WIP list that means the beginning focus piece is Winter Carousel Horse.
I wanted to start the year with a quick finish and a new start, so between the 1st and the 8th I’ll be working on these two projects with some time on Winter Carousel horse inbetween. There is a good chance that I’ll finish IVY tomorrow.
1/9/12 – – IVY – Needlepoint (original design) started in 1998, Segment from Main Street: Crafter’s Paradise in Just Cross Stitch
After I post on the 9th, I will be starting on the next project and the pattern will continue from that point. The date you see will be the date progress on that piece will be posted.
- 2/7/12 Fire Dance – Enchanted Lair, started Sept 2004, 57% completed
- 3/8/12 Fairy Tale Sampler – Dragon Dreams (2nd time through), started 11/2003, 12% complete
- 4/6/12 Autumn Queen – Mirabilia started 7/2004, not sure on the % because I only have the head complete, corresponds with Mirabilia March
- 5/5/12 Varigated warp weaving project – I will be happy if the loom gets warped for this one.
- 6/4/12 Autumn Carousel Horse – Teresa Wentzler started 2/10, 27% complete
- 7/3/12 Fire and Ice – Black Swan (and if I finish it then the Kustom Kraft one), Black Swan started 12/10, 14% complete, Kustom Krafts started 1/2003, 14% complete
- 8/1/12 Spring Carousel Horse – Teresa Wentzler, started 1/2011, 23% complete
- 8/31/12 Dragon Doorstop – Dragon Dreams, painted canvas, started 2006, 15% complete
- 9/29/12 Summer Carousel Horse – Teresa Wentzer, started 7/2011, 24% complete
- 10/29/12 Purple Ornament – Jody painted Canvas, started 11/2006, 36% complete
- 11/28/12 Christmas Quilts (star and pinwheel) started 4/2005, 31 of 56 blocks complete
- 12/28/12 Needlepoint Stocking, Purple/Teal – started 11/2008, 15% complete
So, Stasha, I hear you say, what happens if you actually finish a project during the time you are working on it? (and those who really know me are saying: “Stasha, you actually finish projects? Since when? accompanied by hysterical laughter)
Well it turns out that even during the Year of Carousel Horses I managed to finish 8 things, mostly small (okay, 4 small, 2 medium and 2 framing or finishing). This year I’m looking to actually wrap up a few large projects which have aged nicely. So if I do finish something, first there will be more time spent on the focus piece until it’s finished. Then for every 2 projects completed there is a new start waiting – fully kitted and good to go but if the WIP list is still looking scary, there are other WIP’s ready to sacrifice themselves to fill a slot in the WIPocalypse calendar. Items like the final applique block for the hand appliqued monster quilt – Mr. Big Mouth, the TW Fruit Bell Pest, Dragon Ride or the oldest WIP on my list Dimensions Embroidered Pegasus kit. So until the WIPocalypse starts tomorrow, there are still a few hours left on the Year of Carousel Horses and the 3rd section of netting on Winter is starting to call really loudly…
Posted by shondratasha on December 31, 2011