And here is a full finish, not only is the stitching is done I’ve framed it too.
This was a kit someone gave me and I held onto it for quite sometime. Then when I was doing some cleaning, I noticed some bug had left me a present on the fabric. I washed it and started the kit hating every moment of it because the fabric was cut so that I had to work with the weft on the vertical instead of on the horizontal. There is a reason that they tell you to stitch with the selvage on the side.
Anyway I got close to the end and realized that the kit only came with 2 buttons for the carousel animals instead of three and to add insult to injury the two buttons the kit did have faced different directions. Any Carousel fan knows that all the animals face the same direction. If they didn’t people would be riding backward. So I went to the Craft Center to get a replacement for the one that I didn’t have and they had an elephant which was facing the direction I needed. The shop owner was nice enough to trade the button from the kit for the one which was facing the correct direction.
This now means that I have no small projects going at all. Everything is medium or large.