I have finishes, just not the one that I planned. This month I had scheduled to work on FireDancer since it was a whopping huge 28 count fabric and I really didn’t think I could look at 40 count for another month. This is where FireDancer was when I started this month..
Well I finished it. Work enrolled me in a SharePoint class and the first day they had technical difficulties so we had down time where I got to listen to the instructor talk to the IT guy and since I’m not one to sit doing nothing and he would have heard if I played FaceBook games, I stitched on my ornament and lo and behold, it’s finished. Well the stitching is finished it still needs to be blocked and then I need to find a finisher because I’m not giving anything to the finisher at my LNS until she finds the ornament she lost 3 years ago.
And that’s not all folks… Since I still had 4 days of class with downtime and I needed something brainless to work on which could be dropped at a moments notice, my alternate piece, Mr. Big Mouth, the final applique block for my monster quilt is finished.
Yes, you get him full size because he’s a big finish this month. Now I need to find a new alternate piece and that slot the Jody ornament was in now has something else in it. I didn’t add anything new to the rotation, just put Winter Carousel horse into an actual slot instead of saying I would work on it when I had time between finishes.
I did get some work in on a few other pieces too – My Purple/Teal stocking got the Purple Krenik finished on it since I needed it to come back to the Jody ornament and I did make more progress on Main Street, just not as much as I hoped…
The next building arrived and I so wanted to be finished with this building before I got the pattern for the 2nd. It didn’t happen but I did get a ton more stitching in than thought I would and I have 2 finishes this month.
Long live the WIPocalypse!
If you would like to learn more about the WIPocalypse, check out Measi’s blog.